In this age of rapid destruction of the biosphere, attended by cynicism and pessimism, our foundation will use ecological reality and optimism to promote real environmental wins.
We aim to help campaigns and activists who show real pluck and intelligence in protecting ecosystems, species and wild and scenic heritage.
Bob Brown's appeal to fund the court case to stop the logging destruction of Tasmania’s magnificent Wielangta Forest drew a generous response from people all over Australia and beyond, though none of this generosity was tax deductible.
Now, Bob Brown Foundation will carry on that work, to protect more scenic land environments, wildlife and marine ecosystems in Tasmania, around Australia, in Antarctica and across our region.
The Foundation is a non-profit fund which will promote the protection and enhancement of, and the provision of information and education about:
- The wild and scenic beauty of Tasmania
- The ecological integrity of Australia
- Earth's wilderness
- The happiness of humanity on Earth
- Roland Browne, President – Solicitor, Hobart
- Christine Milne, Secretary – Environmentalist, Hobart
- Michael Dempsey – Public Servant, Hobart
- Willoh Weiland – Artist/Writer, Hobart
- Steve Crump – Pianist/Composer, Hobart
- Rebecca Lake – International Consultant UNIDO, Sydney
- Tristan Tremschnig - Communications Consultant, Hong Kong
- Patron – Bob Brown
Steven Chaffer – CEO
Jasmine Wills – Executive Assistant
Jessica Ewing – Office Manager
Amanda Sully – Philanthropy Director
Jenny Weber – Campaign Manager
Manderlee Anstice – Graphic Designer & Digital Campaigner
Adam Burling – Media Manager
Scott Jordan – takayna Campaigner
Molly Coburn – Community Organiser
Jo Edwards – Events Manager
Dorothee Babeck – NSW Campaign Organiser
Alistair Allan – Antarctica Campaigner
Geoff Law – AdaniWatch Investigator
Erik Hayward – Campaign Organiser
Courtney Hayes - Campaign Assistant
Our Contact Details
- The Bob Brown Foundation Inc.
- ABN 51 634 785 002
- PO Box 4586, Hobart Tasmania 7000
- 03 6294 0620
- Our head office is located at Level 4, 116 Bathurst St Hobart 7000
- For all correspondence, please use: PO Box 4586, Hobart Tasmania 7000
Please see below for a list of our Annual Reviews by financial year.
2019-20 Annual Review
Read a copy of our 2019-20 Annual Review here.
2018-19 Annual Review
Read a copy of our 2018-19 Annual Review here.
2017-18 Annual Review
Read a copy of our 2017-18 Annual Review here.
2016-17 Annual Review
Read a copy of our 2016-17 annual review here.