Would you like to join our exciting team of action-oriented environmentalists working to protect Earth’s wild places and wildlife?
Bob Brown Foundation is looking to recruit a temporary Graphic Designer, on a short-term casual contract.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER - Temporary position
Casual position, working an estimated 38 hours per week for approximately 3 months, working in our Hobart office, commencing on 4 Jan 2022.
As this is a casual position, the hours and period of employment may change subject to the design needs of the organisation but at this stage we anticipate the role will be required full-time for 3 months.
While our Graphic Designer is on extended leave, we are looking for someone to fill a temporary position to cover this role and to promote and amplify the Foundation's campaigns.
Key tasks and duties
- Work with the Campaign Manager and campaign team to implement and embed design in all campaigns.
- Produce graphic design assets and other communications materials to support Bob Brown Foundation campaign objectives.
- Design and produce campaign tools such as social media graphics, postcards, flyers, posters and reports.
- Produce digital newsletters and emails for supporters.
- Passion for protecting the environment and winning campaigns.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in campaigning, advocacy or change-making.
- Proven Graphic Design skills and experience.
- Ability to identify and respond swiftly to opportunities in rapidly evolving campaign contexts.
- Ability to thrive and work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Lightroom and video editing software.
- Ability to work with direction from the Campaign Manager and Chief Executive Officer of the Foundation and to work effectively with a small team.
- Sound political judgement.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a range of tasks, plan tasks and work to deadlines.
For more information, or to apply, email Jasmine Wills. Applications must address the selection criteria, include your CV, a copy of your portfolio, provide two referees and be received by 5 pm Sunday 12th December.