This May Day we want every thoughtful vote to go to candidates who will defend our native forests, wildlife, wilderness and wild places, Aboriginal living places and the island’s coastal beauty with surrounding oceans.
This May Day remember that Einstein once defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. If you don’t want the destruction of our forests and wild places and our wildlife etc then don’t vote for the candidates who promise to do destroy them.
We want Tasmanians to vote 1 for candidates who support:
- An end to logging this island’s magnificent native forests.
- Returning takayna/Tarkine to Aboriginal ownership as a world heritage listed National Park.
- Protecting all Swift Parrot habitat on public land in secure conservation reserves.
- Action to protect the oceans, coasts, rivers and the Aboriginal living landscapes.
- Recreating the National Parks and Wildlife Service, which manages more of Tasmania than any other body, as a separate, independent department. With secure long-lasting funding to protect our National Parks and World Heritage Areas.
- Protecting the integrity of natural landscapes from the industrialisation of the whole of the North by large scale, unnecessary and debt accumulating energy infrastructure.
Pledge to vote for candidates who support these issues below.