We're looking for a budding change-maker; someone who can hit the ground running and play a pivotal role in the organising and implementation of our campaigns to defend and protect takayna / Tarkine.
The successful applicant will be involved in organising campaigns with a small but experienced campaign team in a nimble, impact-focused organisation.
You will assist the Campaign Manager in ensuring the smooth running of projects, respond to external developments/opportunities and help our Campaign team ignite masses of people to act together to take Action for Earth.
You are highly motivated, hard-working and passionate about empowering volunteers to play an active role in our campaigns.
This is a full-time position working in the Hobart office on an initial 12-month contract.
- Assist the Campaign Manager to implement our campaigns
- Facilitate successful series of annual campaign events and strategic actions
- Tarkine in Motion -- facilitate field trips, exhibitions and projects with artists to maximise impact for the campaign to protect takayna / Tarkine
- Tarkine BioBlitz -- event management and volunteer coordination for BioBlitz in November each year
- Countdown to 2020 protection -- assist with creative campaign tactics to highlight the need to protect takayna / Tarkine
- Tarkine Gondwana -- assist with a new campaign to highlight the globally significant values of takayna / Tarkine's link to Gondwana
- Work on a range of Foundation campaigns including Protect Native Forests and Stop Adani
- Work closely with the Campaign Manager to develop and implement campaign strategies
- Assist the Campaign Manager and Tarkine Campaigner with logistic support for campaign events and projects
- Help produce campaign communications
- Assist with organising high impact local actions that exert strategic pressure on campaign targets
- Organise volunteer teams for Tasmanian and national campaign events
- Maintain an active network of Tasmanian and Melbourne-based volunteer groups to deliver campaign tactics, through a combination of face to face gatherings, phone and digital tools
- Establish, support and train new volunteers and groups to achieve campaign initiatives
- Travel as needed for campaign events in the field
- Work cooperatively with other team members
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working both independently and in teams, highly responsive, and able to lead initiatives as well as take direction from others.
- Experience in campaigning and event management
- Strong project management skills with the ability to maintain tight deadlines
- Willingness to assist with day to day campaign activities
- Intention to use your skills for good; engaging and motivating the community to take action for Earth
- Experience in the environment movement
- An understanding of campaign strategy and online tactics
- Flexibility and openness to your role adapting over time to meet the needs of the organisation and the movement
- Advanced facilitation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for action for the environment and a commitment to grassroots organising and for Bob Brown Foundation
Key Position Outcomes
- Providing campaign organisation support to the Campaign Manager, allowing her to focus on other high-level campaign strategies and activities
- Successfully overseeing the organisation of major annual campaign events including Tarkine in Motion and BioBlitz
- Organising strategic and effective campaign events and actions
- Developing and maintaining volunteer networks that support the activities of the campaign team
Applications, addressing the selection criteria and including your resume (resume limited to 3 pages maximum) should be sent to Jenny Weber, Bob Brown Foundation Campaign Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Campaign Organiser application via Website by 5pm Wednesday 10th July 2019.
Enquiries to Jenny Weber on 03 6294 0260 or the above email address.
The full position description for this role is available here.