The Bob Brown Foundation is a non-profit environment organisation that campaigns to protect the wild and scenic beauty of Tasmania and ecological integrity of Australia and our region.
We are seeking an experienced, skilled and dynamic campaigner to lead our campaigns in Melbourne, initially with a particular focus on protecting Tasmania’s Tarkine.
Working under the direction of the Campaign Manager, this role is an opportunity to work in a small team, building a national campaign for the protection of Tasmania’s Tarkine. The Melbourne Campaigner will work with our Hobart-based Campaign Manager, Executive Officer, Fundraiser and nationwide Foundation supporters and volunteers to implement a strategic campaign to have 450,000 ha of the Tarkine declared a national park and World Heritage Area by 2020.
This exciting position is an ideal opportunity for an experienced campaigner with a passion for the environment and a track record of campaign collaboration.
This is a full-time position on a 6 month contract paid at $47,958 p.a.
However, depending on the success of this position, we would hope to be able to extend the position beyond this initial 6 month period.
You will be based in the Bob Brown Foundation’s new office in Melbourne, which you will have a key role in establishing.
- Experience and skills in community campaigning and a proven record of achieving change
- Demonstrable commitment to and knowledge of environmental issues
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage volunteers
- Fundraising skills and experience, ability to manage budgets, raise funds and integrate fundraising and campaign development
- Ability to manage and prioritise a range of tasks, plan tasks and work to deadlines
- Ability to work with direction from the Campaign Manager and Executive Officer of the Foundation and to work effectively with a small team
- Proven experience in developing strong relationships with supporters
- Sound political judgement
A two-month probation period will apply to this position.
Please submit a written application addressing the selection criteria, with a CV and three referees by 5.00pm Friday 4 September to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Melbourne Campaigner application via BBF website
The position description may be downloaded as a PDF here.