We are coming to Adelaide this weekend to lobby the attendees at the ALP National Labor Conference and we invite you to join us.
Bob Brown Foundation is campaigning for secure protection of takayna / Tarkine in a World Heritage listed National Park, returned to Aboriginal ownership. With Australia’s largest temperate rainforest, spectacular remote coastline with rich Aboriginal cultural significance and rare and endangered wildlife, official protection requires the Labor or Liberal government to come good.
Our Campaign Manager Jenny Weber, Tarkine Campaigner Scott Jordan and Canberra Lobbyist Dan Cass will all be in Adelaide this weekend to hold a peaceful demonstration on Sunday morning and be inside the conference.
This is a great opportunity for you to meet our campaign team and hear our latest updates. We are also going to screen the Patagonia film takayna, which has not yet premiered in Adelaide.
There are some key ways that you could help me if you are available. Do you have a data projector we can borrow? Or would you be willing to receive by our placards and banners, by courier, for the Sunday demonstration?
takayna film screening and campaign update by Bob Brown Foundation Campaign team.
- When: Saturday 15th of December
- Time: 6:30pm – 8:00pm
- Where: St Peters Cathedral, Cynthia Poulton Hall, 27 King William Rd, North Adelaide
- RSVP here (insert weblink)
Protect takayna / Tarkine Demonstration
- Please join us for a peaceful demonstration in support of protection for takayna / Tarkine
- When: Sunday the 16th of December
- Time: 8am - 11am
- Where: Out the front of the Adelaide Convention Centre where the ALP conference is happening. Meeting place will be confirmed with you after you have RSVPd
We look forward to taking action with you.