This April, we will be holding our sixth Art for takayna over the 2022 Easter weekend.
This event will be commencing on Good Friday, and ending on Easter Monday. We will hold two static basecamps in the Southern part of the Tarkine, as well as one or two remote camps exploring deeper locations under threat in the Tarkine.
We are currently recruiting for volunteers who can assist us pull this event off.
Basecamp Coordinators will be responsible for overseeing the base camp and connecting artists with the core takayna / Tarkine campaign objectives and issues. They will manage group decision-making, keep track group numbers and safety, and ensure that all tasks are being met.
- Leading the group; making all decisions, managing team meetings and communications.
- Keeping track of participants in their group, making sure participants are accounted for when arriving and departing sites; managing group safety.
- Responsible for equipment coordination – making sure the group has all the necessary equipment to safely explore the region, making sure all equipment is packed out afterwards.
- For remote camps, guiding the team to the appropriate location using navigation.
- Leadership ability, confidence in decision-making.
- Navigation and topographical skills
- Wilderness First Aid desirable
Guides will be responsible for managing smaller groups into day trips.
- Driving or transporting participants on foot between basecamp and sites.
- Acting as first aider during these daytrips
- assisting the Basecamp Co-ordinator to manage the day-to-day operations of camps
- Generally assist in a range of tasks as needed
- Full Drivers License
- Confidence driving in remote locations
- Confidence in using Google Maps to find a remote or unmarked location
Food Coordinators will be responsible for ensuring there is suitable food for the members of the group throughout the weekend.
- Collecting dietary requirements from Event Manager
- Creating appropriate menu for the style of camping and dietary requirements
- Gathering and collecting all equipment and ingredients (any costs will be borne by the Bob Brown Foundation)
- Creating a roster for cooking for your group to ensure the load is shared amongst participants.
- Prior experience in catering or hospitality strongly looked upon
We may recruit for additional roles in a few weeks.