Volunteer Coordinator - Falls Festival Loo Crew (paid position)
Employer: The Bob Brown Foundation
Work Type/s: Contract
Classification/s: Environment & Sustainability, Recycling & Waste Management, Volunteer Management
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 23 September, 2015.
Applications close: 06 October, 2015.
The Bob Brown Foundation has been given the role of coordinating the volunteers at the Marion Bay Falls Festival to maintain the eco-friendly composting toilets. In return, The Bob Brown Foundation receives a substantial donation to continue our important campaigns for environmental protection.
The Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for recruiting, training and supervising volunteers.
Employment period is 12 weeks from 26th October - 2nd January
Approx 11 hours per week for 9 weeks at $25 per hour - 26th October until 28th December
Approx 31 hours from 28th Dec – 2 Jan at $30 per hour
Recruiting 60 – 80 volunteers who will work for four x four hour shifts on site at the Falls Festival each day from 28 Dec 2015 – 1st Jan 2016 inclusive
The successful applicant will need to start on the 26th October based in our Foundation's Hobart office.
- Recruit 60-80 Loo Crew volunteers using community networks;
- Establish and maintain volunteer personnel files;
- Foster, develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with volunteers;
- Provide regular and consistent contact with volunteers;
- Plan and carry out volunteer orientation;
- Coordinate a social event for volunteer induction prior to the festival;
- Prepare an orientation kit and volunteer handbook;
- Maintain frequent email correspondence with volunteers;
- Develop a volunteer information, pack setting out rules, expectations, online induction, OHS and emergency response;
- Conduct volunteer induction on site at the festival;
- Work onsite for the duration of the festival as one of three paid volunteer coordinators at the Falls Festival (approx. 28 hours from 28 Dec – 1 Jan);
- Provide a written debrief report to The Bob Brown Foundation
How to apply for this job
Applications for the position with a CV due by Tuesday 6 October 2015
Please address the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrable commitment to and knowledge of environmental issues
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage volunteers
- Proven ability to manage budgets
- Ability to manage and prioritise a range of tasks, plan tasks and work to deadlines
- Ability to work with a team
- Proven time management skills
Apply by email to Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org