The Bob Brown Foundation is a non-profit organisation, which campaigns to protect the wild and scenic beauty of Tasmania and ecological integrity of Australia and our region.
The Bob Brown Foundation is looking for a Major Gifts Fundraiser. This is a key role that will support the growth of the Foundation and provide sustainability to our funding model, enabling the Foundation to protect our natural places and support generations of future activists.
While applicants do not necessarily have to be seasoned Major Gifts fundraisers, experience in fundraising will certainly be valued in the recruitment process – this role is offered with a substantial investment in training and mentoring.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Commitment to the Foundation’s objectives
- Willingness to work in accordance with our values
- A methodical approach
- Amazing communication skills - the ability to genuinely and courageously engage people at all levels
- A willingness to learn
- Coordinate all aspects of major gifts fundraising for the Bob Brown Foundation
- In collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer and other stakeholders, devise and implement budget goals and supporting strategies
- Develop and implement a best practice Major Gifts lifecycle and stewardship programme that:
- Identifies and acquires new Major Donors
- Engages new and existing donors and builds strong and lasting relationships
- Develops a clear and tangible case for support
- Encourages donors to give to their capacity
- Reports back to donors on the value and successes that their gifts have supported
- Report on programme activity - operational and strategic - to the Chief Executive Officer and Board
- Undertake other activities for the Foundation as directed by the Chief Executive Officer
KEY POSITION OUTCOMES:
- Major gifts programme in place
- Improved sustainability of funding for the Foundation through sustainable and increased income and return on investment
- Major donors who feel appreciated and know how they are making a difference.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA (SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE):
- Able and willing to ask for financial support, once trust and respect have been established with prospective donors
- Demonstrable commitment to and knowledge of environmental issues and activism
- Demonstrable experience in relationship building and/or engagement marketing
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ideally, fundraising experience, especially relationship fundraising
- Eager and willing to learn and adopt best practice methodologies
- Ability to plan, manage and prioritise a range of tasks, and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work with limited direction as well as a collaborative and team focussed approach
- Prepared to travel intra and interstate
Applications must be received by 5 pm on April 10th 2016 and should include a cover letter, resume, a statement addressing each of the key selection criteria and two referees.
Please email applications to email@example.com